Environmental Vision Statement
Recognizing that the arctic environment in which it works is fragile, Nordic Calista Services is committed to meeting all applicable legal requirements for environmental protection. This commitment to environmental protection is reflected in all of Nordic Calista Services’ policies, procedures and programs. In addition to meeting its legal obligations, Nordic Calista Services believes it is good business to operate in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. As part of its overall commitment to quality services for its customers, Nordic Calista Services works diligently to fulfill its contractual obligations with regard to safe operations and the safe handling of materials in the arctic environment.
Environmental Policy Statement
Environmental protection is a company-wide responsibility. Managers and employees at all levels are expected to carry out this responsibility within the context of their particular assignments and to cooperate fully in company efforts to maintain and improve Nordic Calista Services’ excellent record of environmental performance.
Nordic Calista Services’ policy on environmental protection addresses the five aspects of its operations:
- Energy consumption
- Natural resource use
- Waste handling/recycling
- Exposure to hazardous materials
- Materials selection
Consistent with the provisions of its Environmental Management System (EMS) Compliance Policy, Nordic Calista Services will:
- Conduct its operations in compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning environmental protection. To maintain its excellent compliance record, Nordic Calista Services will maintain an open and constructive dialogue with its customers to identify and respond to emerging issues and concerns.
- Ensure its employees receive adequate training and are aware of the importance of their roles in protecting the environment.
- Reuse and recycle waste materials to the maximum extent possible, and handle and dispose of any wastes not amenable to reuse or recycling through safe and responsible methods.
- Continually improve environmental management policies, programs and performance, based on self-audit results, while considering new regulatory developments, customer requests and technological developments.